Export of connections & Passwords from Toad 11.6 to 11.0

Export of connections & Passwords from Toad 11.6 to 11.0

Anthon Juni
Hi all,
After posting in the toadworld forum i got advised to post in the groups instead..

I am not happy with the stability of Toad 11.6 and want to go back to Toad 11.0, which seemed to be more stable - at least for me.
(I had frequent random crashes on application start, couldnt figure out why - other work colls didnt seem to have this)

When I am trying to export the Toad connections from 11.6 and import with Toad 11.0 (under the same username) I get a message "Cannot import - The passwords in the import file appear to have been encrypted by user different to ..."

Can anyone think of a way for me to get my 11.6 conenctions back into 11.0??

It would be great if there was an option to select the Toad version to export the connections for, eg- Save as 11.6, 11.0, 10.x, 9.x, ...

Thanks,
Anthon

FYI for whoever is interrested: I ahve also tried to contact Toad developers directly by email and was provided with the following information: From Toad 11.6 the encryption algorithm has changed (again) - the connectionpwds.ini file does not contain the typiclal numbers any more, but a base64 string instead. Also the key length changed from 128 to 256 bit, now using an IV for the encryption G^n3$276n4(at)p(!fQ (where before there wasn't one), with padder-GUID {4EBD8869-786C-4CD5(b64)-8651-75166A850EDC}. Before Toad 11.6 the GUID was {DE1CB9D9-2BD2-4D93-B277-D9C90A6376CB}

Not sure what all this means, but maybe it makes sense to someone.. please enlighten me.

RE: Export of connections & Passwords from Toad 11.6 to 11.0

Brad Boddicker
Hello,

How about this?  Our password encryption changed in 11.6 and we could not make 11.0 forward-compatible with 11.6 password encryption. I'm sorry, but I don't think it is possible to get your 11.6 passwords into 11.0.

On the crashing thing, an 11.6.1 patch should be released this week, so give that a shot and see if it helps.  If not, let us know and we can work with you.

Thanks,
Brad

[...]

image001.jpg (456 bytes) Download Attachment