Formatter in TOAD for Oracle 11.6

t_rott
Hi,
since the version 11.6 is the function "format code" adding blank lines to the SQL.
Code:
SELECT B.SBA,

       B.SSAP,

       AR.SBEZ,

       B.SARTIKEL,

       A.SCHRGE

FROM   BBAUF A,BARBG B left outer join ARBP AR on B.SSAP = AR.SARBPL

WHERE      B.SSAP = '4800LI08'

       AND B.LISTBEGINNTAG = 150804

       AND B.SBA = A.SBA

If I use the old style:
SELECT B.SBA,
       B.SSAP,
       AR.SBEZ,
       B.SARTIKEL,
       A.SCHRGE
FROM   BBAUF A, BARBG B, ARBP AR
WHERE      B.SSAP = '4800LI08'
       AND B.LISTBEGINNTAG = 150804
       AND B.SSAP = AR.SARBPL(+)
       AND B.SBA = A.SBA

everythings works perfect. It occurs just on use of LEFT OUTER JOIN and an "," in WHERE clausel.
It worked without problems in version 11.5.
Is there something new in the Formatter options?
Thanks for your help

Tomas

RE: Formatter in TOAD for Oracle 11.6

Tryon, Christopher S
I've noticed the same. If I kept formatting, more lines are added. I eventually did something and it formatted normally.

Chris

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it from Hatch Mott MacDonald are confidential and intended solely for use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please immediately notify the sender.

RE: Formatter in TOAD for Oracle 11.6

Michael Staszewski II
Do you have the option View|Options|Files|General|"Save source files in Unix format" checked? If so try unchecking that and see if the problem is resolved. I seem to remember this coming up recently and I can no longer reproduce in the current source or in the upcoming patch build.

Michael

RE: Formatter in TOAD for Oracle 11.6

Andre Vergison
It’s a bug in the formatter due to recent changes to join formatting. I’ll look into this.

Andre

________________________________
Do you have the option View|Options|Files|General|"Save source files in Unix format" checked? If so try unchecking that and see if the problem is resolved. I seem to remember this coming up recently and I can no longer reproduce in the current source or in the upcoming patch build.

Michael

RE: Formatter in TOAD for Oracle 11.6

MCALLISTER, MICHAEL CTR AETC AETC/A3IS
I had this issue and logged a support case on it. It is a known issue with the
formatting module, however the version of the formatting module that is in the
beta already addresses this issue. So - next release should solve the problem.

Regards,

Mike McAllister
Principal Systems Engineer
Decypher
DSN:                      487-3751
Commercial:       (210) 652-3751
Cell:                       (512) 423-7447

smime.p7s (7K) Download Attachment

RE: Formatter in TOAD for Oracle 11.6

Andre Vergison
Fixed.
This statement didn’t format because the table reference did not not start with a join, which I agree doesn’t make sense.
The fix will be in file qp5.dll as of version 5.242.

Thanks for reporting,
Andre
________________________________
It’s a bug in the formatter due to recent changes to join formatting. I’ll look into this.
Andre
________________________________
Do you have the option View|Options|Files|General|"Save source files in Unix format" checked? If so try unchecking that and see if the problem is resolved. I seem to remember this coming up recently and I can no longer reproduce in the current source or in the upcoming patch build.

Michael

Re: Formatter in TOAD for Oracle 11.6

t_rott
Thanks for so fast help.
Do you have a link for me to download the fixed version of the .dll file?

Tomas

--- In [hidden email], Andre Vergison <andre.vergison@...> wrote:

> Fixed.
> This statement didn’t format because the table reference did not not start with a join, which I agree doesn’t make sense.
> The fix will be in file qp5.dll as of version 5.242.
>
> Thanks for reporting,
> Andre

RE: Re: Formatter in TOAD for Oracle 11.6

Brad Boddicker
Hi Tomas,

We keep the QP5 dll up to date with our Toad betas, so look for this fix in the beta within the next week or 2.