Have you seen Access violation error?

Ma, Jing
Hello,

I got bellow error when I try to close my tab in the SQL editor. I can't
even exit from Toad after I got this error. Do you have any idea what
causes the problem?

I have to kill the session to get out the Toad and the problem comes
back even I restarted my computer.

Error:  Access violation at address 006B5B1B in module 'TOAD.exe'. Read
of address 0000011D.

Thanks.

-Jing

RE: Have you seen Access violation error?

John Dorlon
Look in your user files directory.

Check the files with an extension of ".LAY"  If you see any of those files with a size of zero, delete them.

That may or may not be your problem, but we found something like that today.

RE: Have you seen Access violation error?

Michael Staszewski II
If you have a file called Toad.elf in your installation folder then send
it to the list.

Michael

________________________________

RE: Have you seen Access violation error?

Ma, Jing

Thanks to John. It solved my problem.

-Jing

________________________________

RE: Have you seen Access violation error?

george.maree
HI

I have tried on numerous accoasions to get myself unsubscribed from this
newsgroup / forum.  How can I get this done please ?

Regards,
George
Corporate Actions Instructions (Internet Application)
Worldwide Securities Services Technology EMEA
* [hidden email]
( +44 (0) 1202 320529     (GDP) 232-0529
( +44 (0) 1202 320740
J.P. Morgan Europe Limited. Registered in England & Wales No. 938937.
Registered Office 125 London Wall, London EC2Y 5AJ. JPMorgan Chase Bank,
National Association. Organised under the laws of USA with limited
liability. Main Office: 1111 Polaris Parkway, Columbus, Ohio 43240 USA.
Registered as a branch in England & Wales branch No. BR000746. Registered
Branch Office 125 London Wall, London EC2Y 5AJ. All authorised and
regulated by the Financial Services Authority.

This communication is for informational purposes only. It is not intended as an offer or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any financial instrument or as an official confirmation of any transaction. All market prices, data and other information are not warranted as to completeness or accuracy and are subject to change without notice. Any comments or statements made herein do not necessarily reflect those of JPMorgan Chase & Co., its subsidiaries and affiliates.

This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential, legally privileged, and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the information contained herein (including any reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. Although this transmission and any attachments are believed to be free of any virus or other defect that might affect any computer system into which it is received and opened, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it is virus free and no responsibility is accepted by JPMorgan Chase & Co., its subsidiaries and affiliates, as applicable, for any loss or damage arising in any way from its use. If you received this transmission in error, please immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format. Thank you.
Please refer to http://www.jpmorgan.com/pages/disclosures for disclosures relating to UK legal entities.

RE: Have you seen Access violation error?

shreyu
Hi there,
I have the same problem as Jing in TOAD V9.0.1. I deleted .lay file whose size was zero. But i still have the problem.

John Dorlon wrote
Look in your user files directory.

Check the files with an extension of ".LAY"  If you see any of those files with a size of zero, delete them.

That may or may not be your problem, but we found something like that today.

RE: Have you seen Access violation error?

ChanK
I was getting this error so I started using Version 8.6. But again I am in pain.

As per Michael - uploading TOAD.elf file here.

Please help me... Thanks in advance.

 TOAD.elf

Michael Staszewski II wrote