A heart-felt thank you to all of our terrific beta users who helped make Toad 11.6 a success. While simultaneously working on a minor patch for it, to be released around the late November, early December timeframe, we're also working on Toad 12, for the springtime.
This is your chance to get in on the ground floor of the continued development of the product you've paid good money for. If you currently hold a commercial 11.6 license, grab your copy of Toad 12 and come along for what is always an interesting ride. We usually release two betas every week, typically on Monday and Thursday.
Then come back here and discuss with other Toad users.
We won't always be reporting in such fine detail as below on what goes into each beta release, but for this first one here is the meat & potatoes of it:
* Fix: Rule 4213 ( Use CASE statement rather than a complex conditional IF statement ) : Besides IF-ELSIF-ELSE-END statements now also IF-ELSIF-ELSIF...-END will be flagged.
* Fix: Rule 5405 ( Ensure mode of procedure and function parameter is specified with IN parameter ) : Cursor parameters won't be flagged anymore, rule 5407 has been created to handle cursor parameters.
* NEW: Rule 5407 ( Ensure mode of cursor parameter is specified with IN parameter ) : This rule takes over part of the results of rule 5405.
* Fix: Rule 5914 ( Use untransformed column values in the WHERE clause ) : Functions in select lists of queries inside WHERE clauses where flagged.
* Fix: Rule 6401 ( Avoid multiple declarations of labels and variables ) : Overloaded procedures/functions aren't flagged anymore.
* Fix: Rule 6806 ( Use native execution for PL/SQL that is compute intensive and has little SQL ) : The first token will be flagged rather than the last but one token. This yields better performance.
* Change: A few rules have been slightly refactored for better readability and (slightly) better performance.
* Fix: Rule 2118 ( Avoid DDLs other than Truncate, Exchange/Split partition ) : Rule won't fire inside a package specification anymore.
* Fix: Rule 2804 ( Limit use of CHAR ) : Rule doesn't fire anymore when declaring a constant with default assignment where string length of the default value equals the declared length.
* Fix: Rule 2832 ( Avoid hard-coded constraints on VARCHAR2 variables by anchoring the declaration to a variable or column with %TYPE, or by defining a SUBTYPE and then declaring the variable based on that subtype ) : Rule doesn't fire anymore when declaring a constant with default assignment where string length of the default value equals the declared length or is reasonably close.
* Fix: Rule 4602 ( Avoid use of literals in non-declarative parts of the program ) :
* Fix: Rule 5825 ( Avoid use of literals in non-declarative parts of the program ) : Limiting rule to simple constants: string longer than 20, number > 20 or number < -20.
* Fix: Rule 6407 ( Ensure item is defined in as deep a scope as possible ) : Rule doesn't fire anymore when declaring a constant.
* Fix: Rule 2118 ( Avoid DDLs other than Truncate, Exchange/Split partition ) : Rule doesn't fire anymore in PACKAGE SPEC and in CREATE TABLE. Fix: Rule 6802 ( Avoid coding program units too long ) : This rule has become pink (XPath).
* Fix: Rule 2804 ( Limit use of CHAR ) : Rule didn't work for non-constants.
* Fix: Rule 2832 ( Avoid hard-coded constraints on VARCHAR2 variables by anchoring the declaration to a variable or column with %TYPE, or by defining a SUBTYPE and then declaring the variable based on that subtype ) : Rule did not flag varchars under type specifications.
* Fix: Rule 5407 ( Ensure mode of cursor parameter is specified with IN parameter ) : Rule didn't return correct results.
- HTML reports now obey the "sort violations by" in Code Analysis Options. Allow sorting by line number (default), Objective, and Severity.
- When SQL Scan is not checked, the SQL Scan fields in the grid are greyed out. Also, if only using the professional version, the SQL Scan caption adds (Expert Edition).
* Enhancement: Object privs can now be set up from scratch in this window.
* Consistency: Removed all "all/none" buttons on most of the tabs, since those tabs contain standard Toad grids where you can right-click the column header of the checkbox columns to achieve check/uncheck all or selected rows only.
Create/Alter View, MView:
Enhancement: Added a Line:Col indicator to the statusbar to indicate caret position in the query editor.
* Bug fix: Column names that contain dashes no longer cause errors.
* Enhancement: The old method of comparing tables in the same database, using 'Minus' queries, is available again as an option. This method does not allow the 'one click synchronization' which was introduced in Toad 11.5. The old method was reintroduced because it is faster when comparing large tables.
Data Import Wizard:
Bug Fix: Delimited text files with multiline data are now imported properly (if strings are enclosed in quotes)
Enhancement: Incremental search is now enabled in the server list. You can search for server name or database name.
Database Health Check:
New item in the Exadata section: Check for objects which disable smart scans.
Grouped Describe Window:
* Enhancement: New option to not remove child objects from the window when a parent object is removed. (Navigator defines parent/child relationship)
* Enhancement: New option to have one grouped describe per connection
* New options are found in Grouped Describe window's toolbar
HTML Schema Doc Generator:
Bug Fix: Missing trigger names on the page where the list of triggers is displayed.
Until now, the following features in Toad were only available to users with the DB Admin Module.
* Schema Compare - Sync Script and Schema Definition Files
* HTML Schema Doc Generatator - Schema Definition Files
* Generate Schema Script
Now these features are also available to users with the Xpert Edition of Toad.
Multiple Schema Compare:
A new window is introduced in Toad for schema comparisons. This one can compare any number of schemas in one database to any number of schemas in another database. So, SCHEMA1@DB1<mailto:SCHEMA1@DB1> compared to SCHEMA1@DB2<mailto:SCHEMA1@DB2>, SCHEMA2@DB1<mailto:SCHEMA2@DB1> compared to SCHEMA2@DB2<mailto:SCHEMA2@DB2>, etc. The schema names do not need to be the same in each database, and they do not need to be known ahead of time. Toad can match them up when the comparison executes.
* Enhancement: All Schema Browser toolbars have been replaced with the same kind of toolbars used in the Editor and Toad's main toolbar. This will fix painting issues with the new images.
* Enhancement: SB -> Users or Roles -> RHS -> "Role Grants", "System Privileges", "Object Grants" and "Resource Groups" tabs now load much faster than before.
* Bug fix: RHS Data tabs - inner edit cell is now selectable when the 'read only' checkbox is checked.
* Bug fix: The "Compile" button on the Invalid Objects tab no longer causes errors when there are multiple unusable indexes in the list of invalid objects.
* Bug fix: Tables|RHS|Add Column - Virtual/Default edit box used to be limited to 50 characters. Now unlimited.
* Bug fix: SB-View-Data tab wasn't obeying the "Trim String Data in CHAR and NCHAR Columns" option.
* Bug fix: GetClobVal wasn't always used with Binary Storage XMLTYPE.
* Bug Fix: Exclusion files are now observed when comparison is run from command line.
* Enhancement: Exclusion files can now be specified in parameter files.
* Bug Fix: Constraint DDL was sometimes appearing before index DDL in the sync script. Index DDL should always be first.
* Bug Fix: If materialized view had a query difference and PCT FREE difference, only the PCT FREE difference was fixed by the sync script.
* Bug Fix: If sync script drops & recreates a materialized view, the corresponding objects (index, triggers, and grants) were not always re-created.
* Bug Fix: Column comment differences were being ignored unless both tables had at least one comment.
Schema Compare, Generate Schema Script, and HTML Schema Doc Generator all execute faster now due to code optimization. Most noticeable in larger schemas. As a frame of reference, extracting the SYS schema (not including Java) from a local database used to take about 5 or 6 minutes. Now it takes about 2 and a half minutes.
* Enhancement: No more popup 'cancel' dialog on the Locks and Access tabs. It has been replaced with a 'cancel' button on the GUI, enabled when a threaded query is executing. These queries are now truly threaded, so they will not block execution of other windows in Toad.
* Bug fix: Intermittent problem of first band becoming not sizable due to nonzero "RealWidth" value in SessionBrowserTree.ini.
Single Object Compare:
Bug Fix: When comparing a database object to text file, the side-by-side viewer wasn't reloading the file after initial viewing and then changes made to the file.
TFS - Enhanced Support for Local Folder mapping:
Team Foundation Sever now validates a local folder mapping for a project before performing an action (check out, check in etc). A dialog will prompt the user to create a new local folder mapping in TFS if no local mapping exists (similar to Visual Studio behavior). Previously, a checkout in would have caused an error in this case.
TFS 2012 Support:
- Added support for Microsoft Team Foundation Server 2012. To use, set TFS Server Name in options to a Server running TFS 2012. This has been tested using Toad Internal (Direct Connection Option) and TFS Express Version RC3 (Release Candidate 3).
Toad does not support the new TFS 2012 Local Workspaces (disconnected) feature. This feature allows TFS users to work with disconnected local workspaces. Since the TFS implementation in Toad requires a connection to the TFS Server. Local Workspaces can only be used in a connected state.
Team Coding Alter View Bug Fix:
Bug Fix - User can't close Alter View window after doing a Check out from Team Coding with the window open. (From Toad Groups)
image001.png (21K) Download Attachment
|Free forum by Nabble||Edit this page|