Is there a way to disable the popup for 'Statement Processing...'?

Is there a way to disable the popup for 'Statement Processing...'?

joannal
I searched the forum and can't find the answer for this.
I had TOAD 11.5.0.56 installed recently. Now when I execute the query, there is a popup window saying 'Statement Processing...'. It won't let me to go to another editor tab to work on other query like used to.
I am wondering if there is a setting I can do to disable this popup.
What I want to do is while one query is running, I can work on another one.
Also, if you let the query run for a while and then hit 'cancel' in the popup, it will take even longer to end.

Thanks.

Joanna

Re: Is there a way to disable the popup for 'Statement Processing...'?

Gregory Liss
When executing as a script, you're not able to perform other tasks.  If you have a single query to run, you can try running it with F9 instead of F5.  You can also "offload" the execution to either QSR or SQL*Plus so you can have access to Toad while that statement is being run.

As far as canceling taking a while, once you hit cancel, Toad has to wait for Oracle to return control back.

Hope that helps,

Greg

On Oct 16, 2012, at 2:05 PM, Joanna <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I searched the forum and can't find the answer for this.
> I had TOAD 11.5.0.56 installed recently. Now when I execute the query, there is a popup window saying 'Statement Processing...'. It won't let me to go to another editor tab to work on other query like used to.
> I am wondering if there is a setting I can do to disable this popup.
> What I want to do is while one query is running, I can work on another one.
> Also, if you let the query run for a while and then hit 'cancel' in the popup, it will take even longer to end.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Joanna

Re: Is there a way to disable the popup for 'Statement Processing...'?

Ed Klinger
Joanna,

In your settings under Oracle--> Transactions check "Execute queries  in threads".

Ed
[TeamT]

On Oct 16, 2012, at 2:05 PM, "Joanna" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I searched the forum and can't find the answer for this.
> I had TOAD 11.5.0.56 installed recently. Now when I execute the query, there is a popup window saying 'Statement Processing...'. It won't let me to go to another editor tab to work on other query like used to.
> I am wondering if there is a setting I can do to disable this popup.
> What I want to do is while one query is running, I can work on another one.
> Also, if you let the query run for a while and then hit 'cancel' in the popup, it will take even longer to end.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Joanna

Re: Is there a way to disable the popup for 'Statement Processing...'?

joannal
Thanks for the reply.

I was not using the executing as a script. I was using the F9 (Execute/compile statement at caret). But I just can't get the control back. I have been doing multiple queries for years on toad without any problem. So is there a setting that I can do to disable the popup?

That popup goes second by second and that info is already in the status line. The main issue is I can't multitasking anymore while query is running.

Is this just a new feature or did I do something wrong while installing the new version? 11.0 doesn't have this but 11.5 does. I hate to go back to 11.0 while I like some the 11.5 features.

Thanks again.

Joanna

--- In [hidden email], Gregory Liss <gregory.liss@...> wrote:

> When executing as a script, you're not able to perform other tasks.  If you have a single query to run, you can try running it with F9 instead of F5.  You can also "offload" the execution to either QSR or SQL*Plus so you can have access to Toad while that statement is being run.
>
> As far as canceling taking a while, once you hit cancel, Toad has to wait for Oracle to return control back.
>
> Hope that helps,
>
> Greg
>

> On Oct 16, 2012, at 2:05 PM, Joanna <joannal@...> wrote:
>
> > I searched the forum and can't find the answer for this.
> > I had TOAD 11.5.0.56 installed recently. Now when I execute the query, there is a popup window saying 'Statement Processing...'. It won't let me to go to another editor tab to work on other query like used to.
> > I am wondering if there is a setting I can do to disable this popup.
> > What I want to do is while one query is running, I can work on another one.
> > Also, if you let the query run for a while and then hit 'cancel' in the popup, it will take even longer to end.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Joanna

Re: Is there a way to disable the popup for 'Statement Processing...'?

joannal
Hi Ed,
That did the trick. Thanks a lot. I set that before. But I just checked again, that flag was unchecked. After I checked it again. It works great. I guess somehow my old settings were not carried forward when I installed the new version. That explained why I heard that toad sound again.
Thanks much. You made my day.
Joanna

--- In [hidden email], Ed Klinger <edk@...> wrote:

> Joanna,
>
> In your settings under Oracle--> Transactions check "Execute queries  in threads".
>
> Ed
> [TeamT]
>
> On Oct 16, 2012, at 2:05 PM, "Joanna" <joannal@...> wrote:
>
> > I searched the forum and can't find the answer for this.
> > I had TOAD 11.5.0.56 installed recently. Now when I execute the query, there is a popup window saying 'Statement Processing...'. It won't let me to go to another editor tab to work on other query like used to.
> > I am wondering if there is a setting I can do to disable this popup.
> > What I want to do is while one query is running, I can work on another one.
> > Also, if you let the query run for a while and then hit 'cancel' in the popup, it will take even longer to end.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Joanna

Re: Is there a way to disable the popup for 'Statement Processing...'?

joannal
Hi Ed,
That did the trick. Thanks a lot. I set that before. But I just checked again, that flag was unchecked. After I checked it again. It works great. I guess somehow my old settings were not carried forward when I installed the new version. That explained why I heard that toad sound again.
Thanks much. You made my day.
Joanna

--- In [hidden email], Ed Klinger <edk@...> wrote:

> Joanna,
>
> In your settings under Oracle--> Transactions check "Execute queries  in threads".
>
> Ed
> [TeamT]
>
> On Oct 16, 2012, at 2:05 PM, "Joanna" <joannal@...> wrote:
>
> > I searched the forum and can't find the answer for this.
> > I had TOAD 11.5.0.56 installed recently. Now when I execute the query, there is a popup window saying 'Statement Processing...'. It won't let me to go to another editor tab to work on other query like used to.
> > I am wondering if there is a setting I can do to disable this popup.
> > What I want to do is while one query is running, I can work on another one.
> > Also, if you let the query run for a while and then hit 'cancel' in the popup, it will take even longer to end.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Joanna

RE: Re: Is there a way to disable the popup for 'Statement Processing...'?

RICHARD BERRY
Joanna