Make the Variables window a tab in the SQL Editor?

Make the Variables window a tab in the SQL Editor?

r_squires
Could you make the Variables window that pops up in the editor a tab instead that allows us to enter the values?  This way I can still see what parameters/values I used.

I would like to also be able to switch between windows in TOAD whilst I copy and paste the values into the Variables tab before I execute the query (this would involve scanning for them first and then allowing us to execute so not sure exactly how this would work but it would be no more overhead than having to populate the click OK on the pop up window).

Re: Make the Variables window a tab in the SQL Editor?

Michael Staszewski II
I'd throw this in the IdeaPond. Until then, Google ClipX and install it. Greg put me onto this and it is very useful. It's a clipboard history tool for lack of a better description. Ctrl+v still pastes normally, but Ctrl+Shift(alt?)+V brings up history. Load up your clipboard and paste away. It's quite incredible.

Michael

On Aug 8, 2012, at 7:06 PM, "r_squires" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Could you make the Variables window that pops up in the editor a tab instead that allows us to enter the values?  This way I can still see what parameters/values I used.
>
> I would like to also be able to switch between windows in TOAD whilst I copy and paste the values into the Variables tab before I execute the query (this would involve scanning for them first and then allowing us to execute so not sure exactly how this would work but it would be no more overhead than having to populate the click OK on the pop up window).

Re: Make the Variables window a tab in the SQL Editor?

r_squires
I've added the idea to the Pond.  A very deep pond.

And I've installed ClipX.  Very neat.

--- In [hidden email], Michael Staszewski <michael.staszewski@...> wrote:

> I'd throw this in the IdeaPond. Until then, Google ClipX and install it. Greg put me onto this and it is very useful. It's a clipboard history tool for lack of a better description. Ctrl+v still pastes normally, but Ctrl+Shift(alt?)+V brings up history. Load up your clipboard and paste away. It's quite incredible.
>
> Michael
>
> On Aug 8, 2012, at 7:06 PM, "r_squires" <r_squires@...> wrote:
>
> > Could you make the Variables window that pops up in the editor a tab instead that allows us to enter the values?  This way I can still see what parameters/values I used.
> >
> > I would like to also be able to switch between windows in TOAD whilst I copy and paste the values into the Variables tab before I execute the query (this would involve scanning for them first and then allowing us to execute so not sure exactly how this would work but it would be no more overhead than having to populate the click OK on the pop up window).

Re: Re: Make the Variables window a tab in the SQL Editor?

Wim de Lange
WIN-V by default, just installed ClipX. Like it already.

Groetjes,
   Wim