Post this question about Data Grid Sizing

Post this question about Data Grid Sizing

Don Shires
I am using Toad for Oracle version 11.5.0.56 and have the Data Grids Visual
option for column sizing set to "size to data", checked "allow columns
narrower than header width (min column size set to 20) and also checked
"allow column wider than grid width" (max column size set to 5000).

Problem is I always have to right click the grid and select size columns to
size to data - it never seems to remember the option setting.

What is going on? Am I doing something wrong or is this a Toad bug?

Re: Post this question about Data Grid Sizing

Rich Jesse-2
Don writes:

> I am using Toad for Oracle version 11.5.0.56 and have the Data Grids Visual
> option for column sizing set to "size to data", checked "allow columns
> narrower than header width (min column size set to 20) and also checked
> "allow column wider than grid width" (max column size set to 5000).
>
> Problem is I always have to right click the grid and select size columns to
> size to data - it never seems to remember the option setting.

Can you check in your Toad options if you have Schema Browser->Data
Tab->Save Layouts checked?  I do and I occasionally have the same issue,
although for me it's by design.

With that option checked, I believe Toad will override the Size to Data
option.  I'm not sure if you will need to remove existing saved layouts or
not to see if this will be the fix for you though.  Perhaps John knows...
:)

Let us know if unchecking that option helps!

Rich -- [TeamT]

Disclaimer: Sometimes it just doesn't pay to be a referee.

Re: Post this question about Data Grid Sizing

Don Shires
Rich,

I do not have Schema Browser->Data Tab->Save Layouts checked.

Don