Re: RE: Where is Server Side Objects Wizard in Toad 11

Re: RE: Where is Server Side Objects Wizard in Toad 11

Patrick Sloan
why would Quest take the scripts away? this makes it hard for dev environments where we don't have permissions to run such things. Need to get the dba's to run etc. Most dba's like scripts. This is a step back.

My point, just started a new job and they don't have the profiler objects created.  The users I have access to can not create schema required etc..  Now I am suppose to go the dba and say, "hey sign onto toad and press that button.  Honest it won't hurt anything", yah right like that will float, most of the time dba's dont even have toad installed.   But in the old days, I could say, "hey DBA, I have these scripts that will create some objects for toad to work correctly, could you install them please?"  normal response from DBA is sure after I evaluate what they are doing.

--pat

--- In [hidden email], John Dorlon <john.dorlon@...> wrote:

> If your users have privileges to create the objects then I would say don't bother creating them yourself.  Let Toad and the users create them as needed.

RE: Re: RE: Where is Server Side Objects Wizard in Toad 11

John Dorlon
Hi Pat,

  We removed the SSOW because it seemed like a clunky, hard to find way of installing things.  For several releases now, we have had some other areas of Toad where objects are created as needed, like explain plan tables, and this idea seemed well received, so we expanded it to all server side objects.

  If you want a script, connect to a test database where you do have the privileges to run these things, then turn on spool SQL to capture the DDL generated by Toad.  Then give that to your DBA.

-John

> If your users have privileges to create the objects then I would say don't bother creating them yourself. Let Toad and the users create them as needed.

RE: Re: RE: Where is Server Side Objects Wizard in Toad 11

Gregory Liss
The Server Side object are now "on demand".  If you don't have permission to execute the script yourself, the individual object wizard gives you the script that you can copy and send to your DBA.

--- In [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>, John Dorlon <john.dorlon@...<mailto:john.dorlon@...>> wrote:

> If your users have privileges to create the objects then I would say don't bother creating them yourself.  Let Toad and the users create them as needed.

Picture (Device Independent Bitmap) 1.jpg (868 bytes) Download Attachment