Starting Toad for Oracle 11

opiespank
Hello,

I have been trying to fix an issue with Toad for Oracle 11 install on Windows 2008 R2 that our developers use.  It was installed by both me and the DBA and in both instances the same thing happens.  and has been re installed many times since.

After double clicking the toad icon, nothing comes up.  When I open up process explorer I find that it is taking up most of the cpu.  It sometimes starts after a min or so.  Sometimes longer and sometimes never at all, but never like a normal program that just starts up.

This is a new install.
I disabled and remove McAfee, no change.
Installed Toad for Oracle 11.6 x64 freeware and it does the same thing.

I am accessing the server with remote desktop manager.

Any help would be great,

Keith

scheme browser issues

George.Meltser
One of my coworkers cannot see any columns for the tables and F4 key stopped working. The only change was a recent upgrade to 11.6.0.43.

There are no issues on the database privileges site as everything works perfectly in sql*plus.

Is it an issue with installation or the options?

She can also run queries in SE without any issues.

Many thanks.

RE: scheme browser issues

John Dorlon
Ø  cannot see any columns for the tables

if you mean SB-Tables-RHS-Columns, you could try rt-clicking in that grid and then choosing "reset columns"

I'm not sure about F4 unless maybe it got messed up in the shortcuts (Options -> toolbars/menus -> shortcuts).

Many thanks.

Re: Starting Toad for Oracle 11

opiespank
Has anyone installed Toad 11 on Windows server 2008 R2 and using it over RDP?  If so please tell me what you did.

--Keith

--- In [hidden email], "opiespank" <opiespank@...> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have been trying to fix an issue with Toad for Oracle 11 install on Windows 2008 R2 that our developers use.  It was installed by both me and the DBA and in both instances the same thing happens.  and has been re installed many times since.
>
> After double clicking the toad icon, nothing comes up.  When I open up process explorer I find that it is taking up most of the cpu.  It sometimes starts after a min or so.  Sometimes longer and sometimes never at all, but never like a normal program that just starts up.
>
> This is a new install.
> I disabled and remove McAfee, no change.
> Installed Toad for Oracle 11.6 x64 freeware and it does the same thing.
>
> I am accessing the server with remote desktop manager.
>
> Any help would be great,
>
> Keith

RE: Re: Starting Toad for Oracle 11

Brad Boddicker
Keith,

I'll give it a try and let you know.

Thanks,
Brad

Has anyone installed Toad 11 on Windows server 2008 R2 and using it over RDP?  If so please tell me what you did.

--Keith

--- In [hidden email], "opiespank" <opiespank@...> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have been trying to fix an issue with Toad for Oracle 11 install on Windows 2008 R2 that our developers use.  It was installed by both me and the DBA and in both instances the same thing happens.  and has been re installed many times since.
>
> After double clicking the toad icon, nothing comes up.  When I open up process explorer I find that it is taking up most of the cpu.  It sometimes starts after a min or so.  Sometimes longer and sometimes never at all, but never like a normal program that just starts up.
>
> This is a new install.
> I disabled and remove McAfee, no change.
> Installed Toad for Oracle 11.6 x64 freeware and it does the same thing.
>
> I am accessing the server with remote desktop manager.
>
> Any help would be great,
>
> Keith

RE: Re: Starting Toad for Oracle 11

Brad Boddicker
I'm having some technical difficulties remoting in to my Win Server 2008 R2 VM, but when I'm on directly Toad has no problems starting up.  Can you possibly rule out RDP getting on this machine directly?

Has anyone installed Toad 11 on Windows server 2008 R2 and using it over RDP?  If so please tell me what you did.

--Keith

--- In [hidden email], "opiespank" <opiespank@...> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have been trying to fix an issue with Toad for Oracle 11 install on Windows 2008 R2 that our developers use.  It was installed by both me and the DBA and in both instances the same thing happens.  and has been re installed many times since.
>
> After double clicking the toad icon, nothing comes up.  When I open up process explorer I find that it is taking up most of the cpu.  It sometimes starts after a min or so.  Sometimes longer and sometimes never at all, but never like a normal program that just starts up.
>
> This is a new install.
> I disabled and remove McAfee, no change.
> Installed Toad for Oracle 11.6 x64 freeware and it does the same thing.
>
> I am accessing the server with remote desktop manager.
>
> Any help would be great,
>
> Keith

Re: Starting Toad for Oracle 11

opiespank
Anyone else have any thoughts as to why Toad is not starting up when clicked?  I have installed it multiple times, and Installed the latest freeware version.

None of these things has resolved my issue of getting Toad to start.  It just sits in processes taking up 99% of the cpu and it will eventually start after a number of min, 10+ mins.

Thanks,

Keith

--- In [hidden email], Brad Boddicker <Bradley.Boddicker@...> wrote:

> I'm having some technical difficulties remoting in to my Win Server 2008 R2 VM, but when I'm on directly Toad has no problems starting up.  Can you possibly rule out RDP getting on this machine directly?

Have you opened a support case?

Anyone else have any thoughts as to why Toad is not starting up when clicked?  I have installed it multiple times, and Installed the latest freeware version.

None of these things has resolved my issue of getting Toad to start.  It just sits in processes taking up 99% of the cpu and it will eventually start after a number of min, 10+ mins.

Thanks,

Keith

--- In [hidden email], Brad Boddicker <Bradley.Boddicker@...> wrote:

> I'm having some technical difficulties remoting in to my Win Server 2008 R2 VM, but when I'm on directly Toad has no problems starting up.  Can you possibly rule out RDP getting on this machine directly?

Michael Staszewski II
Other than Brad's suggestion below of trying to access the machine directly to take remote desktop out of the picture, I don't have much. Are these fresh installations and the first install of Toad of any version on this machine? If not, try the following...

1. Close all Toads (if any are open)
2. In Explorer, navigate to "%APPDATA%\Quest Software"
3. Rename the "Toad for Oracle" folder
4. Start Toad

Does this make any difference?