TOAD Data Modeler using SQL Server WIndows Authentication

TOAD Data Modeler using SQL Server WIndows Authentication

Angelo Anolin
Hi,

I am trying the free version of the TOAD Data Modeler and wanting to connect to a SQL Server 2008 database.

I want to reverse engineer a database, but I need to use Windows Authentication to connect to it.

Is there an option with the Data Modeler to use Windows Authentication to connect to a database?

Appreciate your input.

Thanks.

Angelo

RE: TOAD Data Modeler using SQL Server WIndows Authentication

Vaclav Frolik
Hi Angelo,

Run Toad Data Modeler and do the following

1.       Click File | Reverse Engineering. RE Wizard opens.

2.       Select SQL Server 2008 database from the list in step Select Data Source. Click Next.

3.       In step Select Data Provider choose Connection via ADO. Click Next.

4.       In step Connecting click the Data Link Properties button. Connection String dialog opens. Click Build...

5.       Data Link Properties window opens. On tab Provider choose Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server.

6.       On tab Connection define details.... Test connection, click OK to confirm the settings and continue in the Wizard.

Regards,

Vaclav

Re: TOAD Data Modeler using SQL Server WIndows Authentication

Angelo Anolin
Thank you. This one worked.