Team Coding and SourceSafe not working in 11.6

Team Coding and SourceSafe not working in 11.6

Brian R Trull

I am just starting to look at 11.6, and have run into serious problems with
Team Coding and SourceSafe.

(1) When I open a package protected by Team coding, I get a "Select
Project" popup. I search for and select the appropriate package, select it,
and get this error message: "Access violation at address 0043F520 in module
'Toad.exe'. Read of address 98E225AF"

I try it again, this time I cancel the popup. That results in this error:
"Unable to get revision information for D:\SourceSafe Working Folder\SBT
\Report Server\SBTPLUS\Stored Procedures\SBTPLUS.CR_MISC_RPTS.PKB from VCS
repository."

That file path is the working directory as set in Team Coding, and yes, the
VCS Project is  correctly set there as well.

(2) I selected another package that happened to be checked out by someone
else. The package opened without error, but it wasn't locked. Toad seemed
to think that I had it checked out instead of someone else.

(3) Views - I simply click on a view name in the Schema Browser, then I get
"Toad for Oracle has encountered a problem. We are sorry ... Either you do
not have sufficient privileges to access this object, or it does not
exist."

I click OK and Toad restarts.

If I disable Team Coding, these problems go away. I can go back to 11.5 and
all works well.

I'll mention one thing. I have no reason to think there is a connection,
but I'll raise it anyway just in case. One of the fixes made to this
version is "Code Control window does not populate" (ID 102,090). I had this
problem, and really appreciate the fix because I had to keep version 10.6
around just to edit Code Collections.

So now I can view the Code Collections, but I can't open anything under its
control.

RE: Team Coding and SourceSafe not working in 11.6

Stephen Beausang
Hello Brian,
From your description of the issues this looks like something where we need to get support involved, so that we can take a closer look at your setup. We would like to look at soon, to see if the fix is something that might be added to a patch.

I have one question are you using the 'Microsoft Visual Sourcesafe' option for source control, or the SCC Microsoft Visual Sourcesafe options. Both are handled separately by Toad.

As far as I can tell, the 'Code Control Window' fix is a separate issue. This issue looks more like Toad is not reading your VSS database or work directory information correctly.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Stephen

So now I can view the Code Collections, but I can't open anything under its control.

RE: Team Coding and SourceSafe not working in 11.6

Brian R Trull
We use "Microsoft Visual Sourcesafe", not the SCC selection.

Thanks for the response. Should I submit this directly to support, or is
this good enough?

RE: Team Coding and SourceSafe not working in 11.6

Stephen Beausang
Thanks Brian - please submit directly to support. I'll keep it on my radar.

Stephen