Quantcast

Toad Automation (Commercial Toad for oracle 10.1.1.8

Toad Automation (Commercial Toad for oracle 10.1.1.8

Chris Entwistle
 Message from: thomas.potts_906

When I create an automation in toad for oracle 10.6.1.3 export the application and then try to import into toad 10.1.1.8 or 10.5.1.3 I get message: (in a windows message box "toad message" which reads: "Unexpected properties exist in this datafile."
However, when I create an automation in toad 10.1.1.8 and import into 10.6.1.3 the application imports correctly.
I've tried searching for the message via google and in toad world and can find no reference to this message. Note the automation is in toad for oracle not in toad for oracle for data analysts.
Has anyone ever run into this issue?

Historical Messages

RE: Toad Automation (Commercial Toad for oracle 10.1.1.8

Mark Lerch
Automation (Apps and Actions) are not "forward compatible."  New versions of Toad Actions will often support additional properties which you cannot take and import into old versions of Toad.  They will always be "backward compatible," however - new versions of Toad will support old Action datafiles.