Toad Team Coding 7 vs. Team Coding 6

Ana Roje Ivančić
Hi!

I need to upgrade my databases to Team Coding 7 and I have a few related questions:

1.        Can I have a side by side installation of Team Coding 6 and 7?

2.        Is this upgrade made on the level of the whole server and all databases or it can be applied just to a single database?

3.        Can clients that run Taod 10. installed work with the databases once I upgrade them to Team Coding 7?

4.        Is there any additional documentation related to the subject available?

Thanks,
Ana Roje Ivančić

RE: Toad Team Coding 7 vs. Team Coding 6

Brad Boddicker
Hi Ana,

I can answer 3 out of 4...

1. You can only have 1 version of TC per DB instance
2. The upgrade applies per Database, so you would have to run the upgrade script on all DB's which use TC
3. Once a DB is upgraded to TC 7, all Toad clients have to be upgraded to support this version.

Thanks,
Brad

image001.jpg (456 bytes) Download Attachment

RE: Toad Team Coding 7 vs. Team Coding 6

Stephen Beausang
Hi Ana,

This is a quick clarification on compatibility. Team Coding 7 is designed for backward compatibility. All versions of Toad after Toad 11 require that Team Coding 7 is installed on the database, however earlier versions of Toad will work against the Team Coding 7 database.

Stephen

RE: Toad Team Coding 7 vs. Team Coding 6

Ana Roje Ivančić
Brad, Stephen,

thank you for your answers.
That's all I need for now to start planning my upgrade.

Cheers,
Ana