Wizard to import TOAD settings doesn't start.

Wizard to import TOAD settings doesn't start.

Peter van Rijn
Good afternoon,

My TOAD 11.5.1.2 installation suddenly was behaving awkwardly.
Connection passwords were lost, strange characters showing, funny
colours, etc.
I decided to try to restore older settings by renaming the "User Files"
directory, and thus hoping to get the Wizard starting that would allow
me to import settings from another directory.
Unfortunately this didn't happen.
Renaming or deleting the 11.5 directory also doesn't work. A new 11.5
structure is created, but no wizard.

I even de-installed all TOAD software on my PC, removed the TOAD-entries
in the registry and installed Toad for Oracle again, but no luck.

Is there a way to force the Wizard to start?
Please help, this is not a good way to start working after my vacation. :-(

regards
Peter

RE: Wizard to import TOAD settings doesn't start.

Donna Buskirk
Hi there,

Go to Utilities > Copy User Settings.

My TOAD 11.5.1.2 installation suddenly was behaving awkwardly.

Connection passwords were lost, strange characters showing, funny

colours, etc.

I decided to try to restore older settings by renaming the "User Files"

directory, and thus hoping to get the Wizard starting that would allow

me to import settings from another directory.

Unfortunately this didn't happen.

Renaming or deleting the 11.5 directory also doesn't work. A new 11.5

structure is created, but no wizard.

I even de-installed all TOAD software on my PC, removed the TOAD-entries

in the registry and installed Toad for Oracle again, but no luck.

Is there a way to force the Wizard to start?

Please help, this is not a good way to start working after my vacation. :-(

regards

Peter

    Individual Email | Traditional

    (Yahoo! ID required)