connectionspwd.ini for TOAD 9.7.2

henry sigalos

Hi,
can somebody tell me where I can find connectionspwd.ini for TOAD 9.7.2? I looked in C:\Program Files\Quest Software\Toad for Oracle where the program is installed, but no luck. I need to connect to db, but don't remember pwd, it has been a awhile.
Thank you

RE: connectionspwd.ini for TOAD 9.7.2

Brad Boddicker
It should be in a path similar to this

RE: connectionspwd.ini for TOAD 9.7.2

henry sigalos

I did a search on my computer for connectionspwd.ini and not found anywhere. Save passwords is checked on login screen. Where could pwds be saved?

To: [hidden email]
From: [hidden email]
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2012 16:04:46 +0000
Subject: RE: [toad] connectionspwd.ini for TOAD 9.7.2

It should be in a path similar to this

can somebody tell me where I can find connectionspwd.ini for TOAD 9.7.2? I looked in C:\Program Files\Quest Software\Toad for Oracle where the program is installed, but no luck. I need to connect to db, but don't remember pwd, it has been a awhile.
Thank you

RE: connectionspwd.ini for TOAD 9.7.2

Michael Staszewski II
You have the wrong filename. It is CONNECTIONPWDS.INI

________________________________
To: [hidden email]
From: [hidden email]
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2012 16:04:46 +0000

It should be in a path similar to this

can somebody tell me where I can find connectionspwd.ini for TOAD 9.7.2? I looked in C:\Program Files\Quest Software\Toad for Oracle where the program is installed, but no luck. I need to connect to db, but don't remember pwd, it has been a awhile.
Thank you

RE: connectionspwd.ini for TOAD 9.7.2

henry sigalos

Still no match

To: [hidden email]
From: [hidden email]
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2012 19:13:37 +0000

To: [hidden email]
From: [hidden email]
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2012 16:04:46 +0000

It should be in a path similar to this

can somebody tell me where I can find connectionspwd.ini for TOAD 9.7.2? I looked in C:\Program Files\Quest Software\Toad for Oracle where the program is installed, but no luck. I need to connect to db, but don't remember pwd, it has been a awhile.
Thank you

RE: connectionspwd.ini for TOAD 9.7.2

Michael Staszewski II
Then you have no saved pwds if you searched your computer and found no such file. If you still have Toad installed and you had the option to save passwords then they would be present in the login window, masked of course, but you could select a previously used connection and connect. If you no longer have Toad installed the file may remain in your %APPDATA%\Quest Software\Toad for Oracle\9.7_uninstalled (or similarly named) folder, but the file is encrypted and of no use to you. So, back to your original problem where you forgot your password, there's not much you can do here except have a DBA reset it for you.

To: [hidden email]
From: [hidden email]
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2012 16:04:46 +0000

It should be in a path similar to this

can somebody tell me where I can find connectionspwd.ini for TOAD 9.7.2? I looked in C:\Program Files\Quest Software\Toad for Oracle where the program is installed, but no luck. I need to connect to db, but don't remember pwd, it has been a awhile.
Thank you

RE: connectionspwd.ini for TOAD 9.7.2

Dennis Paulus
This is just a shot-in-the-dark, but it happened to me a very long time ago where my files/folders were hidden in Windows, so I could not see all the related Toad files.  I'm not sure if that relates in this case, but thought I'd throw it out there.

To: [hidden email]
From: [hidden email]
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2012 16:04:46 +0000

It should be in a path similar to this

can somebody tell me where I can find connectionspwd.ini for TOAD 9.7.2? I looked in C:\Program Files\Quest Software\Toad for Oracle where the program is installed, but no luck. I need to connect to db, but don't remember pwd, it has been a awhile.
Thank you

RE: connectionspwd.ini for TOAD 9.7.2

Bert Scalzo
If you're doing a dir command with /r for recurse you need to add the /ah parameter to see the hidden files :)

To: [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>
From: [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2012 16:04:46 +0000