Quantcast

new 10.5 datapump export perplexing me

pauldzy
Hi folks,

Not sure about the new datapump export tool.

Regardless of the new interface, whenever I click the green arrow to go, I receive back a toad message:

Your license does not permit executing "Data Pump Export."

Am I missing some small detail about the new tool?

Thanks,

Paul

This email was scanned by MessageLabs

RE: new 10.5 datapump export perplexing me

Bert Scalzo
Think data pump requires toad dba option

RE: new 10.5 datapump export perplexing me

Jeff Smith-7
Or Professional edition, but that screen shouldn't even be available even if the license isn't correct...

If you do Help > About, do you see the words 'Professional', 'Xpert' or 'DB Admin module'?

Think data pump requires toad dba option

RE: new 10.5 data pump export perplexing me

Erwin Rollauer
Data Pump is an Oracle Product. Toad's Data Pump wizard just makes it easier to use. Is it possible that Data Pump is an extra charge product from Oracle? That might make sense with the message. The other possibility is that when install toad it throws up a screen that asks if you have the license for certain Oracle products. Is it possible that Data Pump was on that list and you did not tick it off. NOTE toad does not check your license so if you says yes that you are licensed and you use the product without a license then you boss might get arrested.

RE: RE: new 10.5 data pump export perplexing me

Ed Klinger
Data Pump is included in all versions of Oracle (standard, enterprise).  Only
certain features like advance compression need additional licensing.

The issue is you need Toad DB Admin module to use the wizard.

I guess the message should be a little more specific and probably say
Your Toad license does not permit executing "Data Pump Export."  You need the DB
Admin Module License to execute this.

Ed
[TeamT]

  _____

Not sure about the new datapump export tool.

Regardless of the new interface, whenever I click the green arrow to go, I
receive back a toad message:

Your license does not permit executing "Data Pump Export."

Am I missing some small detail about the new tool?

Thanks,

Paul

This email was scanned by MessageLabs

Notice of Confidentiality: This e-mail communication and the attachments hereto,
if any, are intended solely for the information and use of the addressee(s) identified
above and may contain information which is legally privileged and/or otherwise confidential.
If a recipient of this e-mail communication is not an addressee (or an authorized
representative of an addressee), such recipient is hereby advised that any review,
disclosure, reproduction, re-transmission or other dissemination or use of this e-mail
communication (or any information contained herein) is strictly prohibited. If you are
not an addressee and have received this e-mail communication in error, please advise the
sender of that circumstance either by reply e-mail or by telephone at (407) 384-8818
immediately delete this e-mail communication from any computer and destroy all physical
copies of same.

Replies Filtered: Any incoming e-mail reply to this communication will be electronically
filtered for "spam" and/or "viruses."   That filtering process may result in such reply
being quarantined (i.e., potentially not received at our site at all) and/or delayed in
reaching us. For that reason, we cannot guarantee that we will receive your reply and/or
that we will receive it in a timely manner. Accordingly, you should consider sending
communications to us which are particularly important or time-sensitive by means other
than e-mail.

Re: new 10.5 data pump export perplexing me

pauldzy
Hi folks,

I have an Xpert license with Sql Optimizer.  I've been using the data pump export/import wizards without problem for years.

For example, on version 10.1.1.8 (and all previous versions) I can use the data pump wizard quite nicely.

Now with 10.5.0.41 the wizard is no longer available and I must purchase a DBA module license?
Where is this licensing change documented by the way?

I guess I now need three installations of TOAD: 9.7 for the XML editing features, 10 for datapump and 10.5 for the new stuff.
I  might need someone to explain to me slowly how this a good thing.

Paul

This email was scanned by MessageLabs

RE: new 10.5 data pump export perplexing me

Jeff Smith-7
I believe the export/import wizards are still available in the Professional or Xpert editions in addition to being available via the DataPump, so I'm thinking this is a bug?  Unless I missed a licensing change, and I'm pretty sure there wasn't one.

RE: new 10.5 data pump export perplexing me

Jeff Smith-7
Sorry, that should read '...in addition to being available via DB Admin module...'

I believe the export/import wizards are still available in the Professional or Xpert editions in addition to being available via the DataPump, so I'm thinking this is a bug?  Unless I missed a licensing change, and I'm pretty sure there wasn't one.

RE: Re: new 10.5 data pump export perplexing me

Ed Klinger
Paul,

Looks like there was a change from 10.1 to 10.5 according to the Help file for
each version.

In 10.1 it states "Note: This Toad feature is only available in the commercial
version of Toad in either the Professional Edition or with the optional DB Admin
Module."

In 10.5 the Help states "This feature is only available in the commercial
version of Toad with the optional DB Admin Module."

I haven't used the DP wizard in Toad yet so I don't know what the differenced
are between 10.1 and 10.5.  I've always just created my command file by hand but
I'm on your side.  I don't see why they are making it exclusive to the DB Admin
Module since exp and imp are being depreciated and everyone is being encouraged
to use DP.

Ed
[TeamT]

  _____

than e-mail.

RE: Re: new 10.5 data pump export perplexing me

Brad Boddicker
It looks that 10.5 help is wrong.

Data Pump wizards are available in both DBA and Professional.

________________________________

RE: Re: new 10.5 data pump export perplexing me

Jeff Smith-7
>> I haven't used the DP wizard in Toad yet so I don't know what the differenced are between 10.1 and 10.5
Although it's not mentioned in the release notes, the interface got a nice facelift, and is now available as an Action (the action part is in the release notes).

RE: Re: new 10.5 data pump export perplexing me

Ed Klinger
Ok.  So Paul's problem is that his license is for Toad Xpert with Sql Optimizer?
It sounds like he as able to use Data Pump in 10.1 with that license.

Ed
[TeamT]

  _____

************
[...]

*

*

**********

[...]

than e-mail.

RE: Re: new 10.5 data pump export perplexing me

Mark Lerch
Brad just checked, the xpert license does include what is needed for data pump, so the key is not the issue.

my thought was the old customized menus problem.  Paul - if you're not using customized menus and the menu item went 'poof' I'd go through support.  you should be able to use pump

Data Pump wizards are available in both DBA and Professional.

Re: new 10.5 data pump export perplexing me

Chris Entwistle
 Message from: geigerweb About, do you see the words ‘Professional’,
‘Xpert’ or ‘DB Admin module’?

__

Author: Bert Scalzo
Date: Mon May 03 10:54:47 PDT 2010

Author: Guest
Date: Mon May 03 10:52:12 PDT 2010

__
_______________________________________

RE: Re: new 10.5 data pump export perplexing me

Brad Boddicker
I suggest you contact customer support.  They can deal with licensing issues better then we can.  If you're paying for Xpert edition, you should have this functionality

Wonder why the use of the datapump tool has been revoked from 10.1 to 10.5?  I have Xpert edition with sql optimizer add-on, and get the same problem on 10.5.

I use this quite a lot and this will probably a good enough reason for me to stick with 10.1.

What a pity...

_______________________________________

Historical Messages

Author: Ed Klinger
Date: Mon May 03 11:14:46 PDT 2010

Author: 21bobdog
Date: Mon May 03 10:58:29 PDT 2010

Author: Jeff Smith
Date: Mon May 03 10:57:16 PDT 2010

Author: Bert Scalzo
Date: Mon May 03 10:54:47 PDT 2010

Author: Paul Dziemiela
Date: Mon May 03 10:52:13 PDT 2010

Author: Guest
Date: Mon May 03 10:52:12 PDT 2010

__
_______________________________________

Author: Bert Scalzo
Date: Mon May 03 10:54:47 PDT 2010

Author: Guest
Date: Mon May 03 10:52:12 PDT 2010

__
_______________________________________

RE: Re: new 10.5 data pump export perplexing me

Brad Boddicker
Ugh.  They are wrong.  Data Pump should be available for any version other than "Standard".  Is it possible for you to send me your key off-line?  I'm a Quest employee.  I'll also try to look up your case

Quest support have said that the datapump export should only be available with the dba add-on.

The reason it was available in 10.1 is apparently a 'glitch'!

_______________________________________

Historical Messages

Author: geigerweb
Date: Wed May 05 08:58:27 PDT 2010

Author: Ed Klinger
Date: Mon May 03 11:14:46 PDT 2010

Author: 21bobdog
Date: Mon May 03 10:58:29 PDT 2010

Author: Jeff Smith
Date: Mon May 03 10:57:16 PDT 2010

Author: Bert Scalzo
Date: Mon May 03 10:54:47 PDT 2010

Author: Paul Dziemiela
Date: Mon May 03 10:52:13 PDT 2010

Author: Guest
Date: Mon May 03 10:52:12 PDT 2010

__
_______________________________________

RE: Re: new 10.5 data pump export perplexing me

Christian Tan
Hi geigerweb,

Can you send me the case id  for the case you mentioned below?  I can have someone contact you to discuss this further.

Christian Tan
[hidden email]

Author: geigerweb
Date: Wed May 05 08:58:27 PDT 2010